Sunday 1 January 2012

April already

This was a month for a bit of consolidation with some time at home in the West to enjoy the lengthening days and walks in the blue glaze of the bluebell woods.

















Studio practice at the RCA looked at pattern in terms of form and surface, while the written work focused on pulling together technical reports and contextual material ready for the interim exam in early May: would I make the transfer to PhD - and did I want to?











The Jerwood Maker's interview went badly - looking back, I realise that I was just not clear enough in my own mind about where the work might go, so was completely unable to convince the panel to take a punt. Probably just as well. I learnt a great deal in the process and was able to meet the inspiring Siobhan Davies who had been very supportive. Perhaps something might come of that conversation one day.

I also went to Sunderland to present a paper at the Parallels and Connections Conference. Got the dates muddled up so missed my slot and was acutely aware that the work is in transition - Kevin seemed disappointed and I vowed not to present again until the results are clearer. But it was such a pleasure to see old friends and eat home made ice cream again.

No comments:

Post a Comment